Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Reminder to self

Courses I've decided on so far, oh man. This is such a great usage of my time at work.

Fall term:
BIOL 200 (3)
MATH 140 (3)
PHYS 131 (4)
CHEM 115 (6) or CHEM 110 (4) and CHEM 112 (1)
CHEM 212 (4)

Winter term:
Some bio and chem courses, most likely.

I'm not entirely sure about the chem courses yet. I need CHEM 212 to do BIOL 200 since I don't have first-year chemistry credits (why didn't PA have HL Chem?), but in order to do that, I'd have to either do CHEM 115, an intensive beginner chemistry course, in the fall term, since CHEM 212 requires CHEM 110 or equivalent as a prerequisite, or do CHEM 110 and CHEM 112 together. CHEM 115 is apparently equal to CHEM 120 in terms of prerequisites, but the former requires a grade of 95% in a Grade 12 chemistry course, which I think I technically have with my 7 in IB Chemistry Stupid Level (aka SL) course. However, I wonder if it'd be better for my GPA if I were to do a less intensive CHEM course and spread it out more, especially since I need more courses to actually boost my GPA. BIOL 200 only being available during the fall term is also highly inconvenient to me, since that means I'll have to dump a load of other courses in the same semester in order to be able to be in that course.

I'm also considering FRSL as an option, although I'd have to get right to FRSL 207, as most of the 100-level courses are for complete beginners. On the other hand, I'm wondering if that really is the best option, as I'd think that I'd be better off finding a course that will actually boost my GPA quite significantly.

Music electives are also an option for me, but I often find that it's pretty hard to do extremely well in them. Sigh, this course thing really does take a lot of thought. Good thing I have a couple of weeks left to keep looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment