Sunday, April 5, 2009

You stilled my heart, and you take my breath away.

This week has been pretty hectic! If somebody had told me that I was going to have great sufferings during my first week back in Cuba, I probably would've spent one of the beach days in tears. :P Whatever, at least it's over! It's weird; I haven't been this happy to just survive a week for quite a while.

So, what's happened this week? History IA, biology quiz/test (103% - what a relief =P), math quizzes (haha epic fail on Friday), chem quizzes (wow, that one question...), and French papers. Ugh, I totally failed that paper 2 on Friday... It was about how I disapprove of a movie, and I wrote something soo crappy...

I don't know why, but I've also been SUPER tired lately. I'm not even jetlagged, like Tanzania or something... Cuba's only 3 hours away. =/ On Friday, I definitely felt like I was on the verge of dying when I got home.

So, what have I been thinking about lately? It's spiritual, actually. After coming back from Outreach and hearing about everybody else's stories about their experiences in other countries and their lessons from God, I wonder if we can really maintain our fire and passion for Him, even as the weeks go on and our to-do lists grow even more and more. Spending 2 weeks in Cuba, away from piano, away from tests, away from internal assessments, isolating myself from the world... Could I truly label it as blissful ignorance? I suppose that definitely brought me closer to Him. I was able to focus on God so much more, because I was unblinded by millions of other factors.

I just really hope that we can truly be on fire for God at all times, and especially during our times of need and/or joy. I remember one of the things I wanted to accomplish this year was to remember to look to God at all times, even when I'm happy and especially when I feel like I"m completely lost and there's nobody to turn to. I just hope I can remember that in the months to come.

What's weird is that "Everything" is still at the top of my music playlist. You'd think I'd get sick of listening to it over and over while watching the skit in Cuba, but I swear that experience just made me appreciate the song even more, especially the line from the title *points* and the chorus:

"And how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?"

Really, how can we just stand there, in His creation, and not appreciate everything that He's done for us? Instead, we drift away from Him and involve ourselves with sin, and we become blinded from Him and ignore Him. And yet, he's always there, however subtle, wanting us to come back to Him and realize that we've got ourselves in a lot of trouble. By doing this, even if the things from our past are haunting us, He'll always have some way to step in and destroy those things, because He's just so much more powerful than they are.

It kinda makes me feel bad... but at the same time, it inspires me to just desire and seek God all the more. How awesome. =D

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1269/1207066838_9432bcc4dd.jpg

Anyways, last night, I finally finished my History IA. =D What a relief, it feels like a huuuuge weight has been lifted... Now, I just have piano and a bit of French to do today, and I'm scott-free! xP Maybe I'll blog some more... naaah. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment