Sunday, February 28, 2010

But I loved cheering on the streets.

Ahh, the Olympics are ending today. :( Booo! I guess all great "parties" have to end sometime. I must say that I wasn't really looking forward to the whole thing that much, but once it started, I really found myself getting into it. I'm going to miss watching the hockey games (gold for Canada! Woooo!), cheering randomly on the street, going into spontaneous renditions of the national anthem everywhere (even if they were sometimes too high), and all the buzz and excitement throughout the city and the entire country. All I'm left with now is my boring old school-obsessed life; what an excellent trade-off. :(

One thing that I'd have to admit is that all this hype about Vancouver really makes me want to stay here for quite some time. I still haven't really decided which university I want to go to, but UBC definitely just got some plus points over the past 2 weeks. :D Unfortunately, my work ethic took an extended break; it's hard to get motivated when I'm trying to watch some Olympic event that's (lagging) on some website.

Wow, the closing ceremonies starting in 5 minutes. It's totally a bittersweet event, both celebratory and remorseful. We'll be recognizing the most exciting two weeks in a while while also bidding it farewell. Despite all the controversies, deaths, dramatic moments, and fighting, I'm really going to miss these games a lot.

Ah, life's gotta move on at some point. Nevertheless, as cheesy as it sounds, I will definitely walk away from this experience with the patriotic sense of national pride, which has totally been induced into me. Go Canada Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment