Wednesday, October 28, 2009

And it rains in your bedroom, everything is wrong.

Wow, I just realized that I haven't blogged for a longgg time. Guess I haven't really had the chance to, nor an actually good reason for doing so. I'm sure I said this somewhere, but my life, although "stressful," isn't really super noteworthy. What's so exciting about hearing all the stuff that I have to do? That would make for a pretty lame blog.

Nevertheless, I'm still pretty stressed about my EE. I wanted to talk to him yesterday, but he was busy during TOK. I was supposed to go today at lunch, but I had a nervous breakdown because of math (which wasn't even that bad...) and then he was busy during E block. I then planned to visit him tomorrow, but I realized that he's not going to be here. T_T Ugh. I can't really do much at the moment; if this were an English EE, it'd be the equivalent of me not having the novel I need to start, since I don't have the sheet music for "A Prisoner from Warsaw," and I can't find it anywhere! Sigh.

The dreaded math "final" was today. To my delight, there weren't any super long 20-mark questions; in fact, all of them were 4-6 marks, and all of the were "relatively" easy. I hope I did well. :) Strangely, studying for it reminded me of my days in grade 9. Whether or not I thought that was a good year is definitely debatable... It was undoubtedly a year of change in more ways than one, and definitely not simply from making the transition into high school.

I've been sick the past few days. On Sunday, I woke up at 12:45PM, and literally spent the entire day in bed. I studied chem and math in preparation for their respective tests this week, but I swear I was half-delusional at the time. I wasn't coughing as much, but my throat was sore, and I was sneezing so much that I used up an entire box of tissues in only a couple of days. :( I went to school to write the chem test on Monday, but I couldn't take it anymore and went home after that block. Even though I wanted to just lie on my bed and sleep (especially after drinking some effective sleep-inducing Chinese herbal medication), I felt the need to desperately study for math. And so that's what I did... for 10 hours. Sigh.

The next day, it was the grad breakfast. The overly dry food made me feel sick and left a horrible taste in my mouth for the rest of the day and being sick and tired made me feel not that well for the duration of the meal, but other than that it was okay, I suppose. We got our letters that we wrote to ourselves in grade 9. After partially burning the envelop by accidentally placing it in a candle, I realized that what I had written was completely and utterly lame. I guess not much has changed really, but looking back at my grade 9 self, I realized that I've definitely grown a lot these past 4 years. Then again, rational and critical thinking after getting up at 6AM is definitely prone to mistake, so who knows.


http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs031.snc3/11840_300921275076_642810076_9408628_8301416_n.jpg
Our happy table.

Being in my pajamas that day definitely made me a lot sleepier the entire day, though... I definitely fell asleep in history, sigh. The video we were watching talked about stuff that I, for the most part, already knew though, so it's okay.

Right now, I should be studying biology, doing other homework or practicing piano. I've got a master class on Sunday for my Beethoven sonata (eek!), and I've also got a festival in mid-November for that same piece. In addition, I have to prep for Model UN, find outfits for grad pictures and other grad-related events, and other such things. And instead, here I am, blogging. Sigh. One day, I'll end up like Anne with the way my time-management skills are going... But after such trials and tribulations, I think I deserve some kind of a break, right? :P

Well, I guess I should tackle some of my homework mountain now. *The Climb starts playing in the background..."

1 comment:

  1. I then planned to visit him tomorrow, but I realized that he's not going to be here.

    HOW DID YOU EVEN KNOW THAT

    ReplyDelete